- What is your name? Stephanie Conti
- What Golden Isle do you call home and how long have you lived there? St Simon’s Island and we just moved here from Connecticut December 1st!
- What do you love about living here? Already SO many things! Definitely the beaches, particularly durning the snowy weather back up north. My boys are loving learning about the history in the area and exploring new parks and playgrounds. My husband and I are enjoying sampling all the local restaurants and I’m so happy there is such a wonderful mom community here!
- How many children do you have and what are their names and ages? Luca 6.5, Brody 5.5, Milo 1
- What’s one of your favorite mom resources (websites, groups, stores, etc.) in the area? I was definitely lucky to find Moms Club of SSI. All the members I have interacted with are so helpful and welcoming and they are always hosting safe, family friendly get togethers and events!
- What do you do for work and what’s the best part of your job? Outside of running Golden Isles Moms, I am a newborn and family photographer (Stephanie Conti Photography). I am a former elementary school teacher so what I love best about the job is working with kids all day! Second to that is capturing all the amazing details that make families unique and their connections with one another.
- What’s one thing people might be surprised to know about you? My husband and I eloped to Las Vegas!
- What’s one way you relax when you need to “unwind”? A walk with the dog and the boys or a glass of wine with girlfriends!
- What’s your advice to moms admits the Covid-19 crisis? Stay a part of the community. Find a live local art class, join a virtual wine tasting, have Zoom girls nights…anything to keep that human connection. And be easy on yourself! We are all doing our best in an unprecedented time. There’s no perfect way to do any of it! If the kids are safe and happy then you’re doing it right.
- What’s your best mom hack? Baby wipes get anything out of everything! Dawn dish soap is a close second (with three boys and a dog, have a lot of spills in our house!)
We love to support local! Can you tell us some of your favorites in the Golden Isles?
Family Dinner: Coastal Kitchen or Crab Daddy’s
Drinks with Friends: Fiddlers
Grab Coffee: My husband usually makes it but it always tastes better with anything from Dolce Dough!
Outdoor Activity: Fort Frederica National Park
Shop for the Kids: SSI Tee Time
Shop for Yourself: G.J. Ford Bookshop
Salon: TBD! Suggestions welcome!
Quick this or that…
Early Riser or Night Owl? Night Owl
Coffee or Tea? Both
Mountains or Beach? Beach
Call or Text? Text
Toilet Paper…Over or Under? Over (um, because that’s the right way!)
Book or Movie? Book
Burgers or Tacos? Tacos
Shower or Tub? Tub
Facebook or Instagram? Insta