Have you heard? There’s a new child care option in town!
Golden Isles parents face dozens of difficult choices each day. Choosing quality child care shouldn’t be one of them. Welcoming an au pair into your home as part of your child care team means flexibility, affordability, and the benefits of cultural exchange.
Let’s start with the basics…
“What is an au pair?” Au pairs are young people between the ages of 18 and 26, who travel to the US on the Exchange Visitor Program from all over the world to have a cultural exchange experience. Host families provide the au pair with a private bedroom, and in exchange, au pairs can assist with child care for up to 45 hours per week and 10 hours per day. Au Pair in America families tell us that their au
pairs truly feel like a member of the family, using words like “role model” and “big sister.”
Wondering if hosting an au pair might be a good fit for your family? Read on!
Here are the top reasons why St Simons and Glynn County families love hosting au pairs:
1. Customized, flexible child care that fits your family. Hosting means your family can have up to 45 hours each week of customizable child care assistance. This means child care to fit your busy schedule. No more worrying about getting the kids out the door to day care or waiting on a babysitter with car trouble. When you host an au pair, your child care provider lives with you and is ready when you are.
2. Child-Related Duties (and Driving Help!). In addition to child care assistance, your au pair can also help out with other duties related to your children – including laundry, meal prep, and tidying up. Got extracurriculars? Driving your children to and from school, soccer practice, music lessons is no problem… they can be taken everywhere and anywhere they need to go!
3. Thorough Screening. When you host an au pair, much of the legwork of finding and screening candidates is done for you. For instance, Au Pair in America has an extensive three-tiered screening process through both overseas and domestic offices. This screening process includes a personal interview, reference checks, medical reports, English-language assessment, personality assessment, and a criminal background check.
4. Easy Selection & Search. Hosting an au pair with Au Pair in America, means you’ll have a huge pool of qualified candidates to choose from. You’ll have access to a large online database, as well as the support of a dedicated Placement Coordinator – an expert in searching, interviewing, and matching.
5. Training. Before arriving to their host family, au pairs must attend an orientation program to ensure they’re prepared to provide care for their host children. Au Pair in America’s Orientation Program provides a mandatory training course, focused on preparing them to take on the important role of providing intercultural child care assistance in the United States. This Orientation program uses a blended learning method, combining readings, videos, quizzes, and live training sessions, as well as a Red Cross course — all focused on keeping children safe.
6. Educational and Cultural Benefits. Families with school age children…good news! Your au pair can help with schoolwork and homework. Another important benefit of choosing this type of child care option? The cultural exchange benefits – sharing food, language, and culture. Your family can travel the globe without leaving your home.
7. It’s a Great Value. Because the cost of hosting is per family, not per child, this may be a cost savings compared to other forms of child care assistance.
Interested in learning more about live-in child care with Au Pair in America? Check out the website and contact local Community Counselor, Karen Brown, today!
And good news! Golden Isles area families will receive a $350 program fee
discount by using promo code "GAC" here (*expires March 31, 2023)
Learn more: www.aupairinamerica.com
Looking for our local rep? Get in touch with Karen! A mom herself, she will help with all your Au Pair in America questions!
Email: [email protected]